Professor Ibrahim A. GambariChief of Staff to President Buhari
It is no longer news that President Buhari has appointed a new Chief of Staff after the death of Abba Kyari whose death was announced by the President on the 18th of April, 2020. He was said to have died from Corona Virus (COVID19) complications.
The new Chief of Staff to replace Late Abba Kyari has been name as Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari. Below are basic facts about Professor Gambari:
- He is from Kwara State.
- He is 76 years old (1944-2020)
- He is a Professor with academic backgrounds in Economics, Political Science and International Relations
- His nephew Ibrahim Sulu Gambari is the Emir of Illorin
- He was the Chairman of United Nations special Committee against Apartheid (1990-1994)
- He was appointed by the Secretary of United Nations Ban Ki-moon as appoint African Union Special Representative (2010)
- He holds the Title Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR)
- He was appointed as just Chancellor for Kwara State University (2013)
- He was a visiting Professor at 3 Universities in the United States one of which is Howard University
- He was one time Minister of External Affairs under the then Military Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari (1984-1985)
These are just a few facts about the new Chief of Staff to the Nigerian President. It is obvious that he has great exposure academically, politically, locally and internationally. What other facts do you know about him? Please add yours in the comment section.
Follow on IG @angelchiezep @ajujuanswerspacee
On Facebook: Ajujuanswers Pacee
For everyday you live, remember to thank the Lord